In The Legacy of Vanished Trails and Scugog Carrying Place, Grant outlines the history of portages and the connection with Indigenous people to portages and trails, which lead to the establishment of present-day towns and cities. He has published on the topic of Croatian and Italian genealogy and continues to edit the Croatian Genealogy newsletter.
The following are a list of articles and books Grant has written:
● The Archaeology of Three Fur Trading Cabins in Southern Ontario, Association of Professional Archaeologists (Ontario) newsletter, Spring 2021
● Jean Baptiste Rousseau’s Trading Posts on Lake Ontario. Ontario Professional Surveyor. Vol. 62, No.3 (Summer 2018): 12-13
● The Mississauga of Balsam Lake: A Genealogical Study of Forgotten Families of Old Victoria County, in Old Victoria County (edited by Rae Fleming), 2017
● The Legacy of Vanished Trails: The Archaeology, History, and Locations of Portages in South-central Ontario. Red Handprint Press, July 2017
● The Chemung Portage, in Peterborough Archaeology. Peterborough OAS Chapter, 2015
● Kvarner Cemeteries on the Islands of Lošinj, Ilovik, Susak and Unije, Toronto: Asquith Press (Toronto Reference Library), 2015
● Traces of Middle Woodland Algonquian Populations in Southern Ontario, Arch Notes Vol. 19, No.5 (Sept/Nov 2014)
● Surveys and Surveyors along the Scugog Carrying Place, Ontario Professional Surveyor Vol. 56, No.3 (Summer 2013)
● Scugog Carrying Place: a frontier pathway, Toronto: Dundurn Press, 2013.
● Finding Your Italian Ancestors, Heritage Productions, Toronto, 1999; 2nd edition 2007
● The History and Families of Unije: a compiled history and family genealogies for the Island of Unije, Croatia. Llumina Press, 2008.
● Reliability of craniometric biological distance in the study of modern humans from the Late Pleistocene and Holocene, George Washington University, 2001
● Earliest Homo Fossil Found. www.pro-am.com/origins/news/article12.htm. A 2.3 million-year-old fossil from Hadar, Ethiopia Web article, 1996
● Supplemental Family Lineage names for Unije in Families (1996) vol. 35
● ALEX Revisited: Videotex in the 90s, in Database Canada (1991) 3(4): 1; 4-5.
● The Art of Rubbing and Its Role in the Development of Printing, The Devil's Artisan (1986) 18: 11-14.
● Hall Print Presses, in The Devil’s Artisan (1984) 13: 20-25.
● American Settlement of Durham Region, in Families (1983) 22: 221-227.